- 1 400 mL can full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 50 billion count pro-biotic capsule
- 2 tsp. honey or coconut sugar, optional
- 1/2 of vanilla bean, optional, split down the centre with a knife and seeds scooped out with the back of a knife.
- Place the contents of the can of coconut milk in a 500 mL mason jar (or something of a similar size), whisk to make coconut milk smooth and uniform
- Open the probiotic capsules by pinching on both ends and tugging gently, and empty contents into the coconut milk in the mason jar, stir, USING A WOODEN OR PLASTIC SPOON, metal will react negatively with the probiotic.
- Cover with paper towel, place an elastic band around the mouth of the jar and leave on the counter at room temp for 24-48 hours. The coconut milk will start to ferment making yogurt, it will thicken. It will also separate. Stir together before refrigerating it.
- When yogurt is thick and creamy, add the honey or coconut sugar and seeds from the vanilla bean, stir. Replace the paper towel with a lid and refrigerate.
SOURCE: Delicious Dish
Carolyn Tanner Cohen has owned and operated DELICIOUS DISH Cooking School since 2002. DELICIOUS DISH, a boutique Cooking School which specializes in whole food home cooking, meal planning, recipe developing and healthy eating.