- 1 cup black rice, cooked according to rice cooker or package instructions
- 2 salmon fillets
- a handful of cherry tomatoes washed, optional
For the Herb Mixture
- 1/4 cup CHOPPED fresh herbs: use a rough measurement BEFORE CHOPPING of: 1/4 cup packed flat leaf parsley, 10 chives, 4 leaves of basil, 1 sprig of fresh thyme (leaves only), 2-3 sage leaves
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp. coasrse sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 handfuls of baby greens or arugula
- 2 tbsp. organic raisins or currants
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced in long diagonals
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. stone ground mustard or Dijon
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to tast
- Take the fish out of the fridge for as long as 1 hr before cooking. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Soak your raisins or currants while you are getting everything else ready.
- Make your Herb Mixture by chopping and mixing everything together.
- Rub Herb Mixture all over the fish.
- Preheat a cast iron or large fry pan over medium-high heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the oil in the pan, when the oil is shimmering, add the seasoned fish flesh side down and the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the fish, toss the tomatoes around a little and place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the salad: Mix the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Place the greens, cucumber and soaked raisins/currants in the bowl with the dressing, toss.
- Remove the fish from the oven, slide the fish to one side of the pan and place the hot rice in the pan with the fish and all of the juices. Add the mixed salad and serve immediately.
SOURCE: Delicious Dish
Carolyn Tanner Cohen has owned and operated DELICIOUS DISH Cooking School since 2002. DELICIOUS DISH, a boutique Cooking School which specializes in whole food home cooking, meal planning, recipe development and healthy eating.