- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks, white and light green parts only, diced small
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard (Small chop), leaves only
- 1 Small Cauliflower, florets only
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup DRY (uncooked) quinoa
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/2 Kosher salt
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large saute pan over med-low, add olive oil. Add chopped leeks, toss to coat, add a little pinch of kosher salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently until they are very soft but not brown.
- Add Garlic, cook tossing for 30 seconds- 1 minute.
- Add swiss chard, toss to mix with leek and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, until all wilted and soft, tossing frequently. Remove mixture from heat and cool completely.
- In the meantime, boil a large pot of water, add cauliflower florets, cook for 10 minutes or until the florets are tender to a fork. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree the cauliflower with the almond milk. Add the egg yolk, puree. Scraping down the sides several times and pureeing again, so that the mixture is completely pureed and uniform. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cooked veggies to the pureed cauliflower mixture, using a spatula, mix together. Add the cooked quinoa, mix again. Add the dill, chives, 1/2 tsp Kosher salt and pepper.
- Using electric beaters, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks. Add a big scoop of whites to the cauliflower-quinoa mixture, fold together gently to lighten the mixture, add the rest of the whites, fold gently until uniform. DON’T OVER MIX.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, overfill them A LOT.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Serve warm.
SOURCE: Delicious Dish
Carolyn Tanner Cohen has owned and operated DELICIOUS DISH Cooking School since 2002. DELICIOUS DISH, a boutique Cooking School which specializes in whole food home cooking, meal planning, recipe development and healthy eating.